Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dark chocolate chip and walnut blondies (eggless!)

 I found a wonderful recipe for blondies on Smitten Kitchen that is adapted from Mark Bittman's book How to Cook Everything. I was led to this blog from Nags' post on butterscotch blondies (which I tried and were a little too sweet for me but it could have been the variety of butterscotch chips I used). I tweaked this recipe and made it eggless with my new favorite replacement - ground flaxseed! It comes out great. I made this batch of dark chocolate chip (which I got at the Hershey headquarters store in Hershey, PA!), walnut blondies for my uncle's birthday. It was a great treat to take over, not too heavy and not overly sweet. And it's really easy to make.

Here is the super simple recipe:

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
3 tbsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup flour
pinch of coarse salt

*can swap flaxseed and water for 1 egg

Directions
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix melted butter and  brown sugar in a large bowl
3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, mix flaxseed and water together. Microwave for one minute or until it becomes a sticky, egg-like consistency. Add to butter and sugar mixture.
4. Add in vanilla and pinch of salt.
5. Sift in flour.
6. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
7. Put in a buttered 8x8 pan and bake for about 17-20 minutes (until it is golden brown).
8. Cool and serve!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried your recipe today, unfortunately it turned out to be a sticky, gooey mess..does the recipe call for b.soda/b.powder..not sure what the problem is..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html