Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies



These crunchy satisfying cookies are very simple to make. They don't need much sugar because the coconut shreds are already sweetened. I also felt they are a little healthier because of the oats.

I came across this recipe from my new favourite eggless recipe blog. I made a small adjustment and I think they turned out great. I replaced the granulated sugar with brown sugar and reduced the amount to 1/4 cup from 3/4 cup.

Ingredients

1 cup flour
1/2 cup sweetened coconut
1/2 oats (quick cook)
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda


3/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp honey


Directions

Set oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the flour, coconut, oats and salt and baking soda together in a bowl.

Melt the butter in a pot on the stove and add the brown sugar and honey to it. Let it combine and then cool for 2 minutes before adding it to the dry ingredients.

I found the mixture a little dry when I made it so I added some water to it to help it combine better. Two to three tablespoons did the trick.

Roll out round balls (walnut size) and flatten on baking sheet and put in the oven for 11-13 minutes or until brown.


These cookies are disappearing fast. I would definitely make them again. You could add chocolate chips or raisins to them for a nice variation.


I've submitted this post for the Cakes and Cookies food blog event hosted by the Indian Vegetarian Kitchen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One MUST have a cuppa when reading this blog- these cookies are a everyday MUST in any household that thinks healthy and wants to be healthy. Thank you Savithri for the delectable, healthy mouthfuls of "goodness" because that is what these cookies are!
love
amma

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Look delicious!!! Wish I was there to eat them!

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

cookies look gorgeous!! wish i could taste some..

thx for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html