Thursday, December 17, 2009

Clowning Around with Cake


This clown cake was made for a baby's first birthday. Jayen, my cousin's son, is the cutest baby in town (no bias on my end).

I cut out some circles in various colours of fondant and piped two clowns on the top. The heads are made of plastic. You can buy them at Michael's or Bulk Barn. I've never been able to make red icing on my own (it always turns hot pink) so I bought a tube of red icing and it worked out perfectly.

It was a chocolate cake with blueberry and strawberry filling. I also found the best way to cut the cake is not to make huge wedges. You cut one inch pieces from the outside and work your way in. Here are some instructions from the Wilton website.

1 comment:

Mai said...

Awesome cake!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html