Monday, December 17, 2007

Class Finale- Tiered Wedding Cake!

I made a tiered wedding cake at my last cake decorating class. It was an amazing culmination of our course. Our instructor, Maria, was so sweet and encouraging and gave us great feedback and tips on how to make different cakes. I am so happy Renu and I took the class. We learned so much about the artistry behind cake decorating.

I used fake flowers on the bottom tier but the top tier roses are made of fondant. The cake was a layer of chocolate and a layer of vanilla with a strawberry vanilla buttercream filling.
I gave the top layer to my friend Subha. She told me when she gets married she wants me to make her cake!
Kanchana and I decorated the bottom layer with a mehendi pattern. It looked very cool. I will have to post pics of it!

If you are interested in cake decorating I recommend the Wilton courses. They are pretty intense for 4 weeks but the skills you gain will last you a lifetime:)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Savithri! It looks far better than the pictures. Great job Savithri! Amma

Srivalli said...

Looks great...

Jayashree said...

You have me drooling...that cake looks so professional.

Happy cook said...

Wow i am speechless

Padmaja said...

Savithri!!
I just cant stop staring at that wonderful creation.
It looks perfect n hope there is tinsy winsy slice for me!!

bindiya said...

Fabulous Cake, superb Savithri!

vimmi said...

It looks heavenly. Subha is a lucky girl, she will get such a wonderful cake for her wedding.

Manasi said...

BEAUTIFUL!! u r VERY talented!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html