Thursday, December 20, 2007

Orange Chocolate Cupcakes

I went to Washington DC for American Thanksgiving. Shankar's brother and sister-in-law, Mony and Radhika have a tradition of hosting it.

I was most excited to see the cutest 3 year old around, Sandhya. I had a great time decorating cupcakes with her. Radhika had baked some delicious orange chocolate cupcakes and I made a orange vanilla buttercream to complement it. The icing turned out quite well because of a suggestion to add some whipping cream! It tasted really good. I will have to experiment more with whipping cream in icing in the future. Sandhya decorated them beautifully with sprinkles!
Here is the buttercream recipe:

1/2 cup of butter
2 cups of icing sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4-5 tbsp whipping cream (depending on the consistency you want)
You can add 1-2 tsp of citrus zest or orange liqueur to flavour you icing.

I believe the verdict was "Yummy!"

Congratulations to Mony and Radhika on the latest addition to their family. Can't wait to meet little Gitanjali:)

5 comments:

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Gawd, she is so cute! I miss her so much! I can't wait to meet part 2 either!

Nice write up Sav!

Nags said...

lovely! sandhya is very cute!

Happy cook said...

Well don't know which is the cutest one the cup cake or Sandhya. I guess i will go for Sandhya.
Cake too look delicious

KALVA said...

I agree Sandya is so cute...Yes so are your cupcakes

KayKat said...

Cute indeed :)

I'll bet those cupcakes were delicious, Sandhya looks super happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html