Thursday, November 8, 2007

Berry Birthday Cake!

I decorated a cake for Dinaz' birthday last month and brought it to work. A group of us went to her cubicle and surprised her with a cake and a rendition of Happy Birthday! She was definitely shocked.

Maileen helped me with the assembly of the raspberries and blackberries. I think it looks simple but elegant.

I had an idea to try to have some chocolate sauce on the side but it didn't work out (it got burnt in the microwave). I'll have to try it for a party I have at home.

Fruit is a wonderful way to decorate a cake and bring in some fresh flavours. Use whatever is in season and I guarantee it will be a hit. Try it on your next cake!

9 comments:

SHANTI BHANU said...

wow so mouth watering..it must be absolutely delicious

Rachna said...

aww neat cake you got there....

shilpa(AR) said...

Thats a beautiful cake Savitri. Simple but very elegant.

Suganya said...

Berries are spot on for cake decorations. Looks pretty Savithri. What is yr chocolate sauce recipe?

Rina said...

The cake is decorated perfect, I'm sure it taste good too.

Happy cook said...

Cake decoration looks beautiful

Asha said...

Beautiful cake S, hope you had a great birthday and Deepavali too!:))

June said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
June said...

Hey Savi,

I doubt you check this anymore, but I was looking through your yummy cake pictures and could not help but laugh at the PACE Report ($ Retail tab) on your cubicle wall... or perhaps it was my cube.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html