Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Dalloyau Croquembouche!

Dalloyau, maison de gastronomie is a beautiful pastry chain in Paris. The day Maileen and I went they were giving out delicious samples of Croquembouche which are profiteroles or creme puffs dipped in caramelized sugar arranged into a large cone. They are kind of like the cone things (parupu thengai) you see at South Indian weddings. According to wikipedia, croquembouche means "a crunch in the mouth."

The chef was making them right in front of us. It was fantastic! The taste was out of this world. The warm sugar, crisp pastry shell and smooth cream inside complemented each other very well. I love the copper pot being used to melt the sugar!
Here are some other mouth watering pastries they had. I wish they would expand to North America! I'm sure they would be very successful:)

7 comments:

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Love the pictures, especially the action shot of the chef. I feel like I was there too!!!

archana said...

Very tempting, yummy pictures. I liked the copper vessel too :)

Jyothi said...

Really tempting pictures and yummy recipes. Thanks for sharing.

Priya said...

You definitely had a fabulous time in Paris...the posts just don't seem to end...the temptation is killing me :(

Anonymous said...

Next time you go to such fabulous places like Paris, you should take me with you! These cakes look so yummy!!

Daddy

Asha said...

HUH!!! What was that?! :D
Those French words,I can't even say them!! Looks great though.They love pastries ,don't they?
We have been Paris once and stayed for a week.Loved Paris the city,but not the people!! Rude and such BAD drivers!;D

TBC said...

o.k.... I can't even say that though I studied french for 5 yrs!
Those goodies look so tempting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html