Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bahn Thai

My friend Tarek is going to Harvard Law School in the fall so a group of our high school friends went out for a farewell dinner!
We went to Bahn Thai which is a beautiful restaurant downtown Oakville. It has a very small sign and large wooden door so it looks like an exclusive place. The decor is gorgeous with beautiful Thai wooden sculptures combined with modern accents. The food was also fantastic. We started with some spring rolls but as per usual we forgot to take pictures and ate them right away.

I had the vegetable curry with tofu (extra spicy) for my main. It was excellent. I know everyone enjoyed their food. For dessert we had delicious banana fritters with mango ice cream. Steve and Jen had the sticky rice with mango which also looked great.

Mai, Jen , Nav and I all seemed to have complementary outfits on! We had a bit of a Top Model shoot which you can see. Good thing Tyra taught us how to "smile with our eyes".

Justin and Tarek show us how posing should be done...staged yet natural.If you are ever in Oakville you should definitely check out Bahn Thai. It is a gorgeous place with delicious food. We give it two thumbs up.

All the best at Harvard, Tarek! We know you will make us proud:)

I'll end off with the amazing Borat shot we took at the end. Chinque.

9 comments:

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Sounds like an awesome night! Wow, you girls all look amazing, love the outfits, especially Navjeet's and Maileen's!

Bahn Thai sounds yum!

akka

TBC said...

I like the "good thing Tyra taught us how to smile with our eyes" bit.

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Dude,

Your dress looks so good, I originally was like, what top is she wearing? And then I came back and was looking at the pics and realized it was this dress! Very nice opportunity to wear it. I'm glad you bought it. Good buy. I need to hit up W again.

Akka

Mai said...

The food was yummy! We'll have to go back for drinks!

Justin said...

Once again, gots to say that your blog is mad legit - so professionally kept.

Latha Narasimhan said...

Hi savithri,
You look beautiful! Nice site. I'll visit leisurely.

USHA said...

Hi,

Amazin snaps...shows the closeness too.You guys look cool...

Indira said...

You look so pretty and radiant, Savithri.

Thanks very much for the lovely award. It feels great to read good words about FBD. Thanks!

Mansi Desai said...

We have a bahn Thai in frmeont, Ca and it sucks!! so I'm glad u had a good time...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html