Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Cilantro Restaurant

A few weekends ago, I went to dinner with some high school friends downtown Oakville to try out Cilantro, a Malaysian and International cuisine restaurant. We had a great time. The restaurant was very highly rated by the Toronto Star and by web reviews. We were going out to celebrate our friend Avninder's graduation and to see him off before he goes to Egypt for a month! What a great graduation trip!

Cilantro is a wonderful family run restauraunt. Emelee, the wife, is a great hostess and makes every dish on the menu sound appetizing. It is a very unusual menu with several different types of cuisine available from Malaysian to Italian! I guess it reflects whatever her husband is good at making.

Renu and Justin had the homemade lemonade and it was delicious!












I had the pad thai which was nice but I think I should have gone with the curry. I always get swayed by the noodle option. One day I will learn. Here are the spring rolls Renu had.












Dessert was really nice. Maileen, Renu and I tried this million layer cake thing which we were told was only available at Cilantro in Canada. Steve and Av had this mango rice thing which was also yummy.












Here are the guys in a very natural, unposed shot.






















We will have to do it again once Av is back to find out all about his trip!

3 comments:

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Awesome, I can't wait to try it!!!

Adonia said...

Emelee is a fantastic isn't she... yuum... lemonade summer is here!

trupti said...

Hi Savitri,

Came from your sister's site.....this sounds like a neat restaurant....have you tried the new"tandoori flame" yet, I think its in Brampton.

trupti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html