Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring Flowers- Cake Decorating Class

Kanchana and I decided to bake a cake and decorate it for our cousin Sheila's birthday. I was impressed that we created something so nice. Kanchana was the stylist and picked the colours we should use and I was the techical director listing off all the tips I learned in class. Our first masterpiece! We called it our Tiffany's cake because of our use of the Tiffany's blue colour.









Last week in cake decorating class we learned how to make more flowers.

Maria, our wonderful instructor makes it look so easy but I have yet to make a flower that looks like one of hers. Regardless, they look very pretty even if you are not an expert. I should have bought some sugar glitter. It makes the flowers look so sparkly and nice!

Here are some of the flowers from class. We learned to make all kinds of flowers like apple blossoms, dasies, daffodils, pansies, primroses, roses and violets!

The picture on the right has some of Maria's flowers (the professional looking ones). The ones by Renu and I are on the left.










I enlisted the help of Kanchana (since she was in town visiting for the weekend) and my mom to help me make some flowers for my grand finale cake. They were very good for first timers! Thanks guys:) Hope the cake turns out nicely!

1 comment:

marriedtoadesi.com said...

It was so much fun! Thanks for teaching me all those techniques. It looks like you learned a lot from the class Ms.Cake Expert!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html