Monday, March 12, 2007

Chilli Tofu-tastic


I was experimenting with some tofu on Sunday and made a yummy dish reminiscent of chilli paneer! I am not a fan of mushy tofu and it must be very flavourful! So this is what I did: Heat up 1 or 2 tsp oil in a pan, splutter cumin, add tofu slices, season with turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and pepper. Cook until the pan is dry and tofu has nice brown marks. Then, (here is my experimental portion) add grapefruit juice to deglaze the pan. It gives a nice tart tangy flavour and the sticky coating (like tamarind). I let it cook down and added more juice again. You can decide if you want a runny or thick sauce. You could also add it to pad thai which I did with the leftovers from dinner the night before. I really liked it. My mom was not a fan. She threw it out (when I was at work) and told me she had to clean out the fridge. Alas, I guess I will have to try to recreate it another day.

1 comment:

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Looks damn good. Wish I could have tried some...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html