Monday, February 26, 2007

Paneer Pakodas

There is nothing better than coming home to an amazingly tasty hot snack after a long day at work. My Mom made me the most delicious paneer pakodas on Thursday. They were damn good. The batter was crispy and perfectly seasoned! The paneer inside was hot and soft. I wish I had a better picture to show you how good they looked.
(I'm trying to work on my photography- please bear with me!)
Here is the recipe from my Mom (in her own words):

For maavu-covering (I would have said batter)
3 tbsp rice flour
2 tbsp besan
Salt, chilli powder, asafoetida (hing) to taste.

Add warm water to this for dropping consistency (like dosai maavu)

Cubes of paneer-used store bought (lazy, thy name is mom) - those were her words! I swear!
- Drop a few paneer pieces in to the maavu and roll it around with a spoon
- Scoop it with a spoon, 1 piece at a time, take it near the hot oil and drop it gently (heat up any vegetable oil on medium heat. Test it with a drop of maavu. It should spring up to the top with a hissing music!
- Cook both sides until golden
- Drain excess oil on a paper towel
- Serve hot with your favourite chutney
- Variation: You could also put your favourite chutney between two pieces of paneer, then coat with maavu and deep fry. Enjoy!

1 comment:

rav said...

Nice work on the photography. Excellent colour and composition...a definite improvement!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html