Saturday, February 3, 2007

Paneeeeeeer

Last night I made homemade paneer. It was really good. I got the recipe from Dinaz. It is really easy to make. All you do is boil milk, then add yogurt and salt. Dinaz told me 1 litre milk, 1 cup yogurt and 1 level tbsp salt. I used half a pouch of milk to try it out. I got a pretty decent amount of paneer from it.

It looks weird when the milk and yogurt separate. Its a pretty fast process. The picture is a little blurry but you get the idea. You have to turn the heat down when you add the yogurt. Be careful or else the milk will boil over. You let it sit for 15 to 20 mins on medium heat. You drain it with a cheese cloth. Put a weight over it to get the excess water out. You get a lot of whey when you make it. I couldn't wait too long though. It was so yummy my mom and I kept snacking on it. heehee. We decided to make mattar paneer with it. Even my Dad liked it (this is a big deal because he never likes paneer.) I had it with peas rice. Kanchana wrote about it on her blog yesterday so I felt like eating some!

3 comments:

padma said...

the paneer was awesome Savithri. Nothing like the store garbage I use usually. This was so soft , tasty beyond my imagination and to top it I did not have to cook ! It was all ready to mix together. I think the quantity was just perfect for the two of us (including the snacking)and complemented the peas rice nicely. I loved the way it came as cubes and did not crumble. Thank your friend for me : got a nice meal!

PARTHASARATHY said...

hi savithri....i am a big fan of your and your sister's blog....it makes interesting cooking..my wife also appreciates you guys...thanks and keep up the good work
parth

PARTHASARATHY said...

hi savithri....i am a big fan of your and your sister's blog....it makes interesting cooking..my wife also appreciates you guys...thanks and keep up the good work
parth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html