Monday, February 26, 2007

Chocolate-y cupcakes!

I wanted to experiment with boxed cake mix without eggs. I used a box of Betty Crocker's Devil's food cake and it turned out pretty decent. The cake was soft and crumbly. Instead of eggs I increased the amount of oil (from 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup) and added Kingsmill egg replacer (3 tsp for 3 eggs) and water (6 tbsp). I frosted them with an orange buttercream with a bit of cream cheese for tang (my own concoction- a basic buttercream recipe with some orange juice, zest and cream cheese). I put sprinkles on some...my Mom told me to leave some plain because she thought the sprinkles were too childish...I thought they looked fun.

I had wanted this cupcake tree stand for a while. I saw it at Adonia's on Tuesday and it looked really good so I decided to buy it. I think it displays the cupcakes beautifully!

Wednesday's cake decorating class is on cupcakes so you will see another cupcake post soon! I guess I'll have to bake some more because I'm pretty sure Longo's doesn't sell plain cupcakes. lol.

1 comment:

amma said...

choco-i-ate
c-cute
u-u made it
p-pleasure to eat yumm!
c-cause no muttai...yaeee
a - A plus
k- keep this
e- excellent baking
s- Savithri.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html