Friday, February 16, 2007

Cake Decorating Class

Renu and I started our cake decorating class last week. I don't know why but for some reason I thought they would give us the cake to decorate. Man was I wrong. There is so much prep and homework for this class....I don't know what I've gotten myself into!! We have to bring it pre-iced and ready to decorate in class. Class 2 is Rainbow cake. We have to bring the cake iced in sky blue.

I made the icing on Sunday night because it lasts for 2 weeks. I have to admit that we cheated a little and bought our cake from the Longo's bakery. They looked so good and were perfectly rounded and everything. Perhaps next time I will attempt to bake if I find a good eggless recipe. Renu and I went on our shopping expedition to buy all the supplies we needed for class. We bought the main things at Michael's like extra icing tips, cake stand and meringue powder. Then we headed to Dollarama (love that place) for our containers to store and mix our icing and our silicone mat to prevent slippage when transporting our cake!

Wednesday came around and we were all prepared for class. We had iced our cakes and had our kits all set up. Then our instructor called and cancelled the class. :(
So I had a plain sky blue cake that need to be decorated. My mom, sister and I experimented and did some decorating of our own and made it in to a valentine cake! It tasted really good too. Everyone at my office loved it! I'll post pictures of the Rainbow cake from next week's class. Hope it turns out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html