Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Be My Valentine Biscuits!

I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland. There was snow as far as the eye could see. I wasn't going to try to be a hero and brave the roads to go to work so I called in a snow day! The schools were closed so Mom was home too! I decided to make something nice.

I saw a cool post on another blog for buttermilk biscuits. I wanted to try it out but I didn't have any buttermilk so I thinned out some yogurt with milk and it worked out okay! My variation of this recipe included spicing it up with some jalapeno cheese and green chilies. My mom also suggested some omam which added great flavour to them! Even Dad liked it!

My Valentine edition biscuits were heart shaped. They looked so cute!

I think it's a great side dish for butter. Heehee!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

3 comments:

Priya said...

Happy V day Savithri !

The heart shaped biscuits look really cute and I like the idea of adding omam. Will try it out next time. Glad you liked my blog :-)
Now that I know you blog, I'll visit you more often.

Adonia said...

Great picture... the lighting and elehpants are great

Andrea said...

Hey,
If you and Ren are going to take cake decorating #2, let me know and I'll sign up with you guys:)

See you tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html