Monday, January 29, 2007

West 50

I went to dinner with my friend Noreen last Tuesday. We had a great time catching up. The food was so-so. I guess we were expecting it to be more exciting. The most interesting was the Mexican Fry Bread topped with beans and a tomato sauce. I think I would compare it to a beaver tail without the sugar (you know the kind you get at Canada's Wonderland). The nachos were ok….the guacamole looked like it was squeezed on from a tube which made it look weird- kinda Taco Bell style. Except I like Taco Bell. They have good vegetarian food.

The worst had to be my salad. It sounded like it was going to be really yummy with 'spiced chick peas' but it was really blah. The 'mixed greens' were mostly iceberg! Boo. It sounds good when you read it on the menu:

Grilled Vegetable Salad ~ with spicy roasted chick peas, peppers, tomatoes, olives and mixed greens, tossed in a savoury lemon dressing and topped with feta cheese 12.97

I was very disappointed in it…I mean for $13 you gotta bring some fireworks to a salad.


Mexican Fry Bread and Nachos with squeeze

Luckily, the excellent company made up for the lackluster food.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
google-site-verification: googlec38f199ff592e410.html